‘I swear London get’s weirder every month!’
I muttered to myself in front of Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium, while I waited for my friends to arrive. Yes, there’s now a cat cafe in London. Themed cafes are becoming the craze in London these days which seem to originate from South Korea and Japan. I mean, we’ve all heard about the Hello Kitty cafes but for an actual Cat Cafe featuring real animals? Could that be a thing?
I admit, I was very skeptic. Also, I’m more of a dog person than a cat person.
So, when I was asked to come along with two friends, I decided to take them up on that offer only to see what was it that everyone was raving about.
Better yet, I’ve done you guys a video. Why don’t you watch it and see?
So, what were my impressions?
- I could see the appeal to extreme cat lovers. They would be in their element!
- It was VERY clean. Not a cat hair in sight!
- The food was really nice!
- I was disappointed that we couldn’t pick up, stroke or play with the cats unless they came to you. It felt very restrictive what you could do.
- The ‘cat guide’ was pretty hilarious with fake fluffy ears and a fake tail but she was very knowledgeable about each individual cat
- It was very relaxed.
What’s my verdict and would I return?
To be honest, I wasn’t excited nor I was bored. I think to cat lovers, this would be an amazing place and they would return day after day! But as a dog person, I probably wouldn’t return although I’m pleased I gave it a chance.
What about you? Have you been to Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium? What did you think?