“Luxury meets practicality in every cabin”
That was totally the vibe I got when entering my own Premium cabin after a long and sweaty journey one late evening in February.
I had just checked in at Yotel London Gatwick after my journey down south from my home town in the North of England. Yotel would be the place I can call home for one night before my flight to Barcelona the next morning.
See More: Would you go to Barcelona in Winter?
I had been in Yotel London Gatwick before but only to stay in their standard cabin for a couple of nights. This time I would be staying in their premium cabin. What differences would I find? Would I prefer the premium or the standard? Or would I opt for a different airport hotel instead?
See More: Review: Yotel Hotel at London Gatwick
So dropping my bags off in the doorway, I could see many differences already. For one thing it’s hugely bigger. Instead of the normal 75 square feet for a standard cabin, I was faced with 110 square feet for this premium cabin. I knew that the premium cabin would be bigger and better.
What’s included in the Premium Cabin?
- ‘SmartBed’ – this signature premium bed is designed exclusively for Yotel. At first glance, you may think it’s a plush and comfy sofa but at the touch of a button, the convertible bed can glide to any position whether to relax, sleep or work. I was a little confused initially how to work it but I soon got the hang of it!
- Luxury Sheets – crisp and white, the sheets are kind to your skin and allows you to stay fresh during your sleep.
- Ensuite Bathroom – I cannot rave enough about the Monsoon style shower that I found myself under more than I should be within the 9 hours I was in this room. Also included is Yotel’s all natural body wash that is in plentiful supply. The soft towels were a huge hit as well 🙂
- Flatscreen TV – Embedded within the wall is the tv that has access to a wide range of channels. There are subtitles as well if you are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Workstation – Ah, one of my favourite things about the Premium cabin! I had to do a little bit of work and the pull out table and chair definitely suited my needs. Also happens to be next to the power point as well, which was an added bonus.
- Underbed Storage – One of my main gripes about the standard cabin was the lack of storage and where to put my luggage. Luckily, in the premium cabin, I was able to store my luggage under the bed and sate my minimalist outlook on life.
- Free Wi-Fi – There was a very strong and fast signal. I was very happy to have this!
Yotel London Gatwick Benefits
- In-Terminal Location – Yotel is literally yards away from check in within the South Terminal of London Gatwick Airport next to International Arrivals. Also, the train station is a minute’s walk away that proves the hotel to be very centrally located.
- Flexible Booking Hours – you can be flexible with your stay within Yotel as the hotel is bookable by the hour. You can book a full night’s sleep or a few hours to chill.
- Free Tea & Coffee – you can take advantage of free coffee and tea at ‘Mission Control’ (reception) and bring to your room.
- Alarm Clock – You can opt for an alarm clock to ensure you wake up in time for your flight.
My Stay with Yotel
Even though I booked for just 9 hours, I couldn’t help wishing that I could have stayed longer. This ‘space station’ feel was enough to excite the geek within me yet still give me warm feelings for my increasingly strong yearnings for more luxury on my travels.
I knew I could sit back and relax without having to worry about getting up in time to get to the airport. I was already there! I worked in comfort for an hour before blasting myself with the monsoon shower four times! I then watched tv with my plentiful supply of coffees and teas before falling asleep deeply.
I enjoyed every aspect of the room and I completely loved the bigger premium cabin compared to the standard cabin. My only gripe was that there were no powerpoint next to the head of the bed but that was truly minor.
If you want to know what I got up to in the room, why not watch my video of my time in Yotel below?
For 9 hours stay within Yotel’s Premium Cabin, it would cost £85.00.
However, prices start from £32 for four hours.
Phone: +44 207 100 1100
Address: Ground Floor, Arrivals Concourse, South Terminal, Gatwick Airport, West Sussex, RH6 0NN
* Thanks to Yotel for offering me a night’s stay in their premium cabin. However, all opinions are my own.
If you want to follow more Rexyedventures, please do follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Or you can even sign up to receive emails from this amazing website by going back onto the homepage.
Looks super funky! And you hide the sexy Rexy times in Mood Lighting! Brave to roll around in bed in your tighty whiteys! Was the bed actually comfortable?
The bed was really really comfortable. It was that comfortable that I worried about waking up in time to catch my flight!